Wednesday 23 November 2016

The Joys of Cruising

Sadly, it's been a while since I had time to thoroughly clean Folly and it was really starting to bug me.  Since we will be in Marathon for a bit, now's my chance to get'er done.

Anyone who owns a boat knows that boats were not designed with cleaning in mind.  Dirt gets caught in cracks and crevices and hard to reach places making it almost impossible to get it all.  

These were my favorite cleaning tools of the day..... that and the vacuum, but after cleaning the filter, I swear, we should be hairless by now.

Changing the sheets is another job that requires strength and agility.  Again that was something that couldn't have been considered in the design process.  By the time I was finished I felt like I just had a full body workout! (Don't get me started on the fridge.  That will have to wait until I get someone to hold me by the ankles to reach the bottom.)

While I was doing all that Harley was busy looking at all the pieces of the watermaker and scratching his head....not because it confuses him....but because it's so BIG.  That honking big thing is going to take up a lot more room than we expected but it will be worth it. Once installed, we will have our very own water factory.  We may consider selling water to thirsty cruisers to help pay for it.....just kidding!!!!....(maybe). Here in Marathon, if you need water, you have to buy it at .50 cents a gallon.  

These are the joys of cruising.  Tomorrow is the American Thanksgiving and there is going to be a huge potluck at the marina.  There are 226 mooring balls here and they are all full.  It's going to be fun....but more about that....next time.


Spotted this guy near the dinghy dock.


Don't pissed off the captain.
The marina has a herb garden.  We are free to take whatever we want.
I've been missing my painting so I've started to doodle.  I see another addiction starting.
I heard someone say this quote today.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved those animals. Though I don't quite know for sure if I'd like to pick one up. They are perfectly wonderful in every way. Their eyes are magnificent. The fringe along the spine ~ stylin. The coloration. They are simply perfect. I can only imagine how great it feels to get ship shape. It's not like you can leave the ship, close the door, and walk down to the corner coffee bar to get away from the mess (my favourite past time around here.) The pick and swab ~ brilliant. We are all learning things we did not know, and most of us would never have learned, about changing sheets on boats, etc. Your posts are all interesting reads. Later, N,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doodling!! Maybe I'll have you design my tattoo!! 😉 I told Hugh I was going to get one if we made it to the Bahamas!! Safe travels my friend!! ⛵️

    ReplyDelete