Tuesday 18 October 2016

Heading into Demopolis

This stretch of the river has been so pretty that I just had to do a blog post if not only to send pictures.  Not much has changed from the last time.  Adamant 1 is still waiting on a new transmission and we are still slowly moving towards Mobile, Alabama.  We figure we will be there in 5 days.

Today we are heading into the 'metropolis of Demopolis' to fuel up and reprovision whether we need to or not as it will be our last opportunity to do so before we reach Mobile.  From here on good anchorages are next to none. 

We set the hook here in our present anchorage the day before yesterday.  It's a nice spot surrounded with wilderness and wildlife but, darn it, no alligators.  We've seen lots of logs that look like alligators, which is exciting for a brief moment. Lol.  I have myself so pumped to see an alligator that I think I'll poop my pants if I  actually do see one up close.  By the way, in our search we saw a wild boar.  That was cool!...no poop. 

On our way here we passed some magnificent sights such as these spectacular white chalk cliffs.   It's hard to capture it a photo but believe me, it's a 10 on the Wow metre.

Tomorrow we will be on the Black Warrior River heading down the home stretch.   But more about that...next time.

Sunrise over our new friend's boat "Endeavor" on a misty morning.
The stunning white chalk cliffs!
Spanish moss
Full moon setting

1 comment:

  1. Okay Miss 'ART-y pants' the sunrise and inbetween and then sun set is a ride! A day in the life. Those cliffs! I wonder if one would be able to make chalk paint from them. The colours. I'm just so enjoying these photos Janice! N,x

    ReplyDelete