Sunday 5 March 2017

Another Big Blow!

If all I wrote about was bad weather everyone would think we had nothing but bad weather!   I discovered that when I did a blog 7 years ago.  Much of the feedback I got was, "too bad the weather was so bad!"  The thing is, the good days outnumber the bad by a long shot but nobody wants to hear about another glorious day in paradise.  So .... having said that. ..... here we are sitting through another big blow! 

It hit yesterday with a bang and, as usual at the start of a blow, boats were dragging all over the place.  Everyone in the harbour was tuned into channel 68 and it was a buzz with reports of boats on the move.  The winds are still very strong and have been ever since.  I'm guessing there were many people sleeping in their cockpits last night.

Thankfully, this time, we are tied to a mooring ball in hurricane hole 2 so we are fine but my thoughts are with all the boats on the outside.  I can't help but recall the events of the last big system that is forever etched in my memory bank.  If you remember Folly dragged all over the anchorage and, believe me, it wasn't pretty.  You may have noticed, I'm still a bit traumatized over that.  LOL.

Looks like by tomorrow the worst will be over but the wind will continue to blow strong for a while after that.   We may not get out of George Town as soon as we thought but as soon as we can we will be heading north. 

But.... More about that next time.

Nice and protected in Hole 2
We like Hole 2 so much we bought the T Shirt.  H2O stands for hole 2  occupant. ..lol

If I can get a picture of the conditions in the main anchorage I will post it here.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting selection of 'boat' styles. One even looks like a house boat. The cat still my fave. See you here again soon. N,x

    ReplyDelete