Monday 19 December 2016

Underwater Garden

Its amazing how dependant we've become on modern technology.  When I  first found out we'd be without a cell signal at Waderick Wells my first reaction was..we certainly can't stay here!....but of course we did and it was fine.  Besides, it's not like we were totally cut off from the outside world.  We were still able to borrow a signal from the park office for a few minutes and we have our Delorme Inreach satalite communicator if push came to shove.  Still it's a weird feeling and one I might as well get used to.  I imagine this will become the norm the further south we go.

So....while we were waiting for the wind to change we finally got to go snorkeling and I for one LOVED it.  My pictures are not very good but perhaps with some practice they will improve.  Since it has been very windy for days the water wasn’t crystal clear but not bad for our first outing.  Two huge spotted eagle rays and a sea turtle were among the many sea creatures we encountered but, darn it, I have no photographic evidence.  I do however have some pictures to share,

We left today and sailed to Big Major Spot near Staniel Cay.  It's still very windy but at least it's coming from a good direction and we had an enjoyable sail.  And, I hate to rub it in for all my family and friends back in Canada, it is very hot.  If it wasn't for this wind we would be dieing.   (I had to add that).

I'm really looking forward to our stay here.  We are anchored just off piggy peach and around the corner is Thunderball Grotto....but more about that....next time.

3 comments:

  1. Liam is loving your photos as am I
    Keep them coming .Liam thought the pig was the coolest thing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam is loving your photos as am I
    Keep them coming .Liam thought the pig was the coolest thing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Underwater life. Stunning. I wonder if you ever stop for a second when you're down there...to remember something...so you can draw/paint it later? Wow these are just great. N,x

    ReplyDelete