Monday 13 February 2017

Bracing Ourselves for Winter

With a beautiful sunset  to the west and a brilliant full moon rising in the east, the beach wedding was everything Joanne and Bruce had hoped for and more.  The happy couple exchanged their vows with us and about 20 other new friends as their witnesses.  The weather was perfect, the guests were fun, the food was great, the champagne was flowing, and a good time was had by all!  I feel very lucky and honoured to have been a part of this very special day.  Thanks Joanne and Bruce for inviting us!  It was beautiful!  Plus.... we had blast and met some very interesting people.

One of the couples we met were Tom and Judy on the go-fast trimaran "Triad".  Harley had been admiring this racing machine for days and saying how he'd love to go for a sail on it. Well, didn't Tom mention that he was looking for crew to go out for a sail the next day!  It was as if Harley willed it to happen.  Of course he jumped at the chance.  

The next day was perfect and they sailed back and forth in front of the anchorages at a staggering 20 knots!  I'm sure it was quite a spectacle because people were standing on their decks and trying hard to capture videos.

Pat and Lynn were out in their dinghy taking pictures and Harley mentioned to Tom that Pat would've loved to join them.  No sooner said than done.  They stalled the boat into the wind and let Pat jump aboard.  Pat and Harley came back from that experience with permanent grins on their faces that I'm  sure will reappear every time they talk about it for years to come.

Since then Harley and I have been taking it easy and trying to get our head around the fact that we are going home for two weeks.....to the cold.....and mountains of snow.  I check facebook every day and every day I see pictures of snow and read reports of yet another "snow day".  YIKES!  I'm not sure I'm ready for this.  My body has adjusted very well to this climate and I'm not sure how it's going to like this.  Well on a positive note....there won't be any mosquitos or noseeums.

Our main purpose for going home is to pick up our car and drive it down to Florida were we plan to take Folly in May.  We have so much extra stuff on the boat right now and there is no way we'd be able to get it home on a plane.   Besides, this is also a good excuse to see our beautiful grandchildren that we miss like crazy.  We will only be home a week before we have to start driving south again.   It will be a busy two weeks but.....

More about that next time.

The ceremony on the beach.
The conch horns are blown at sunset.

The first dance.
Hanging around at the beach.
I love boat kids.
Oh to be that flexible.
My first hamburger bean.
This is our house taken two days ago.
Our car is under there somewhere.
"Triad"  getting ready to go.  (picture courtesy of Lynn Lortie )

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME yoga swing. Wowser. Just a really, really, lovely beach wedding. How nice. Okay kids, drive carefully!!!!! (the mother in me coming out.....) Love N,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, my name is Steve. I am Cheryl's brother. Please email me at dl650k7(at)Gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, sorry I didn't see this comment sooner. Will email you now. Hope all is well.

      Delete