Thursday 1 September 2016

Life is Good!

me
 
It was 6:30, long after the local fishermen started their day,  when we got up.  Still, it’s a disgusting time to crawl out of bed, I don’t care what anybody says, but we’d better get used to it.  We have some long travelling days ahead when we start going down the river.  Today we are travelling to Holland, Michigan.
Lighthouse at the entrance of White Lake

The last few days have been wonderful but, believe it or not, the towns, anchorages, and events are starting to run together. I will think, for instance, about the awesome time we had at the beach and then say to myself…”Where was that?” or the stunning swans that swam close to the boat …”was that White Lake or Muskegon?”  Down this stretch of the lake, every inlet has a cool but different light house with a beach on either side.  Each harbour/lake is similar as well.  The coastline is the same the whole way down with (like I mentioned before) mega sand dunes, sand cliffs and beaches.  By the way, this has to be the sand capital of the world.  It’s unreal!

The scenery may be the same lately but life on board has been anything but monotonous.  Our days are full and adventurous as we try to fit as much in as we can.  We’re only going to be here once so we don’t want to miss a thing.  When we travel from one port to another we are off the boat as soon as the hook is set.

I wonder what Holland has in store for us?  From there we will sail to Chicago!  I’m so excited!

But more about that ….. next time.
 Coming into Muskegon
 
The beach on the Lake Michigan side of White Lake
 
 Harley
 
Swans at Muskegon

1 comment:

  1. As a landlubber, lighthouses are off of my radar, and all thinking actually...so Janice...thanks for putting them inside of my head. They are really wonderful. Just visually. A building that looks like it means something; was planned for in terms of 'use' and really saving lives and allowing water travel, whether for commerce or pleasure or lifestyle or pirates. I'm loving this travelogue in this blog. Squeeee is all I have to say. Ta! N,x

    ReplyDelete